“I did it fail. It’s okay, they like my cheesecake because I made it with love” – BakeSick
See? I did it fail. I messed up my cheesecake plan. Huhu~ Sad to realize it. Despite it was my 1st trial, still causing resentment. But it’s okay, at least I’ve had done my best. Also, one thing that made me happy, my best friends liked it!! They said it was nice. Phew~ Relieved to know that (kinda compliment? Just assumed that way. LOL)
Wondering my fault, it might be the sour cream that I made with my own hands. It didn’t condensed well, too liquid compared to as I saw on youtube. Besides it had been keeping in refrigerator for 3-4days. Still don’t know how to make a perfect sour cream. Need some more practice in future if so. Wish me luck!!
Here they are the recipe~
Mini Cheesecake with Homemade Strawberry Topping
Yield Serves 10
- Vegetable-oil cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 250 gr cream cheese, room temperature
- 300 ml sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Boiling water, for roasting pan
- 15 pcs strawberry
- 10 tbs sugar
- 50 ml water
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 2 tbs honey
- Make the crust: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat a each mini pan (for cupcakes) with cooking spray. Wrap exterior of pan (including base) with foil.
- Stir together butter, graham cracker crumbs, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Press mixture firmly into bottom of pan. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Make the filling: Beat cream cheese with a mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Reduce speed to low, and add sour cream, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla. Beat until well combined (do not overmix). Pour into chilled crust.
- Set mini pan in a large, shallow roasting pan. Place in oven. Carefully ladle enough boiling water into roasting pan to come halfway up sides of springform pan. Bake until cheesecake is set but still slightly wobbly in center, about 1 hour, 15 minutes. Transfer roasting pan to a wire rack. Let cake cool in roasting pan 30 minutes. Remove cheesecake from roasting pan, and refrigerate, uncovered, at least 8 hours (or overnight).
- Run a knife around edge of cake, and unmold.
- Make the topping: blend all ingredients except honey. Prepare a saucepan, pour in it. Stir and cook it at small fire level until boiling then add honey. Stir again to condense well. Cooled it.
- Spoon topping over cake.